Verbal Influence – Episode 1
You’ll never get tired of hearing it… and neither will your customers.
- How are you?
- Where have you been?
- What’s your name?
- What’s your dream?
- What makes you happy?
- What makes you different?
- What do you love?
- What do you hate?
- Who do you love?
- Who do you hate?
- What has made you succeed in life?
- What has made you fail?
You you you you
Do you see, feel and hear how powerful this word is?
Every client wants to feel special and unique
In sales and customer service, and in particular the luxury industry where we want every client to feel special and unique and have a great experience, the word YOU should be a guideline, and should be the verbal sign to show that you are committed to providing your clients with the best experience they could possibly have.
In my journey as a businessman and as trainer working in sales and client experience in the international luxury market, I’ve experienced the power and the importance of verbal influence.
The words we say not only have an impact on other people’s perception of ourselves, but they actually shape the way we think and the way we view ourselves.
So, for example, if we make a conscious effort to use “nice and polite” words and expressions like “thank you” ,“my pleasure”, “lovely” , “may I help you?” throughout the day, we end up behaving more politely and becoming kinder with time.
So, the same applies to the constant, consistent and repeated use of the word YOU.
When you make a point to use it as much as possible in your interactions with your clients, when you rephrase as many sentences as possible to be able to squeeze in the word YOU, do you know what happens?
Three interesting things happen:
- Your clients will immediately notice the difference and as they feel better understood they will buy more and trust you more
- You will be able to unleash more needs, and create an experience for your clients that feels unique, because it’s filled with the most personalizing word (YOU)
- You will become better at what you do because you will have shifted your focus from your needs, to your clients’ needs…from your ego, to your clients’ ego, from your benefits to your clients’ benefit.
Sounds simple, doesn’t it?
Well, it’s not.
It takes effort, care and generosity to make the word YOU become the verbal tool you use to transform yourself into a problem solver, a customer-centric professional and a world-class service provider. If you decide to try it, it won’t let you down.
I hope you enjoyed watching this video, and I’d love to hear from YOU.